Friday, March 27, 2015

A heavenly maiden with an orb of gold Sits by the Mediterranean Sea She gazes at the sailors and ships That pass by for eternity Who are you?

A heavenly maiden with an orb of gold
Sits by the Mediterranean Sea
She gazes at the sailors and ships
That pass by for eternity
Who are you? fair maiden, they ask
What is your pedigree
I am a Jew, she answers, and that's my destiny
I am called Israel born of steel and fire
I have gathered my children from many lands afar
From East and West and South and North
They came in multitude
And they have made me what I am
In everlasting gratitude
I am their mother and they are my children
That's how we both feel
Israel (my name) is a reality
That adversity could not kill.

1 comment:

  1. A heavenly maiden with an orb of gold
    Sits by the Mediterranean Sea
    She gazes at the sailors and ships
    That pass by for eternity
    Who are you? fair maiden, they ask
    What is your pedigree
    I am a Jew, she answers, and that's my destiny
    I am called Israel born of steel and fire
    I have gathered my children from many lands afar
    From East and West and South and North
    They came in multitude
    And they have made me what I am
    In everlasting gratitude
    I am their mother and they are my children
    That's how we both feel
    Israel (my name) is a reality
    That adversity could not kill.

    ReplyDelete